Let's see friday I went to see Rob Bell on the drops like stars tour, I was taken by a great family that loves me lots!! It was really good to hear him speak, I'm not a huge Rob Bell fan. I like to see him as a man and not some idol to follow (I think that is biblical?). But he made some sick points. And has kicked me into action.
Then Saturday I had a meeting and a lot of other running around. To end up at the Boys and Girls club for their 7th and 8th grade winter formal. I was a chaperone, lets talk blast from the past. My 8th grade year was the one and only time in my life I asked a guy to slow dance that I liked. He did and it was so weird. All I could think of us all these teens with whacked out hormones trying to figure out the dating game! I'm 31 & I'm no where close to figuring it out!! It was so great to be there for my girls that I lead a Bible study with, they all looked so cute and really only cared about being together. So that was cool.
Sunday I woke up early and came to church, where we talked with the kids about committing their lives to Jesus. I feel that on all levels the kids soaked it up.
After church I hopped in my car and headed up to see friends in Hammond IN they had been there since friday so I caught a few of them as they were leaving and really only got to hug them. But it was good.
That night a few of us went to Jason's church and helped with there HS Christmas party, it was super fun. Which later lead into more friend time over stake and shake and a late night viewing of Julie and Julia.
The next morning Cassie Mo and I headed out to lunch with Jason and then went to school to give Jason's mom a gift for being so wonderful and keeping lots of us at her house for the weekend. Mama Siegfried is one of the great women on this earth and well she deserves more than we gave her!
Then Cassie and I went onto friend time in Hyde Park IL. I love that place!! We had coffee went to see Phil and then I took her to the airport.
I meet Phil for a late dinner and then headed to Hammond to meet my friend Matt. We hung out until 2am which then I headed home and fell asleep in my bed around 5:20am and woke up at 8am.
Wow long weekend!! But all worth it, my friends being me so much joy that I LOVE being around them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment