Saturday, March 7, 2009

Day 4

Made to last forever.

So I have to be totally honest, I have ALWAYS had a fear of death. Even as a Christian I still have this fear. This chapter has helped.

"This life is not all there is." 

Why do we see death as such a morbid thing? Why does even typing the word make my heart race and my palms sweat? 

"This life is preparation for the next."

To think that we do not have words that can even describe heaven! How then does this fear grip me when I think about the unknown. I think part of it for me is the fact that I know many people that have died and did not go to heaven, I know that I am not the judge but I'm pretty positive I won't be dancing on the streets of gold with them. I feel bad that I never told them about Christ.

Our time here and now is important, we have been commissioned to grow deeper and spread God's word further. Then why do we caught up in the little things? Why do you get caught up in the little things?

Two Quotes : "When you live in the life of eternity, your values change." And "If you have a relationship with God  through Jesus, you don't need to fear death." 

I really need to pray through this fear. 

No comments: